Monica Kenyon and her Unwind Mobile Massage & Spa have been recommended as a Covid-safe provider of massage and spa services in the Los Angeles, California area. Here’s why Unwind Mobile Massage and Spa has been submitted.
The person who submitted Unwind Mobile Massage and Spa says “I’d like to recommend Unwind Mobile Massage. They’re an at home massage company in Los Angeles and in addition to doing house calls, the last time I used them a couple months ago they were still requiring masks.”
Moreover, Unwind not only has a Covid policy page on their site, but it includes a Covid waiver which their clients must complete and sign before an appointment. This is rare, and we commend Unwind for having this as, even though it is primarily meant to protect Unwind, it also serves to remind their clients that Covid 19 is still a very real consideration and risk.
Their Covid policy says:
TO KEEP THE PROVIDERS IN THE UNWND NETWORKS SAFE, WE ASK YOU TO:
• Take your temperature the day of your service.
• Refrain from booking an in-home treatment if you or a household member have a fever, COVID-19 symptoms or a communicable illness.
• Refrain from booking an in-home treatment if you are under an isolation or
• Wash your hands prior to greeting your spa specialist at the door.
• Share any special sanitation or hygiene requests you have prior to the provider arriving at your home or office.
TO KEEP YOU SAFE, THE UNWIND SPA SPECIALISTS ARE ASKED TO:
• Show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
• Wear masks / facial coverings and/or gloves during treatments as an enhanced safety measure.
• Confirm daily that they display no symptoms of COVID-19 or other infectious illnesses.
• Follow the CDC guidelines on hand washing or using hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol content.
• Take their temperature daily.
• Follow the best practices in the industry, including disinfecting equipment between customers.
• Sanitizing their hands prior to the service and directly following the service.
The waiver includes five ‘yes or no’ questions and three statements of understanding:
1. Have you, or anyone in your household, had a fever in the last 24 hours of 100°f or above?
2. Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath?
3. Do you now, or have you recently had, any chills, muscle aches, new loss of taste or smell, or new rashes or lesions?
4. Have you, or anyone in our household, been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms?
5. Are you under an isolation or quarantine order/directive?
1. I understand that because spa services involve maintained touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including COVID-19.
2. I understand that U N W I N D, LLC and my Spa Specialist today cannot be held liable for any exposure to the virus or any other contagion caused by misinformation on this form or the health history provided by each client.
3. I understand that I will wash my hands prior to opening the door for my spa specialist.
Again, we have to say BRAVO to Unwind for doing this! We wish that more providers would take such measures – it would be a much Covid-safer world!
Covid Safe Providers is free to everyone, and maintained as a volunteer effort. We don't hide our info behind a paywall, use affiliate links, or subject you to annoying videos or ads. But it does cost us money to keep the site going. So if we have provided value to you today, won't you please let us know by putting a little something in our tip jar and including a little note? ❤️
Receipt will come from ISIPP Publishing